[rt-devel] Slow queries, part 2, custom fields

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Thu Oct 2 23:08:58 EDT 2003

Iain Price wrote:
> OK all my tables are now innodb format... The query now takes 3 min 12
> seconds (previously was between 4m30 and 5min).  This will double up to
> 6 and a half minutes through the RT3 search cos of the count() query

Actually, I don't think it should double, if you've enabled mysql's
query_cache. Though I'm not 100% sure the optimiser will reuse the
cached result if there's a count() there....

At any rate:- that's still a very slow query. mysql's "explain"
might give some tips on why it's being so slow.
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630