[rt-devel] Data loss in CGI submissions?

Iain Price iain.price at post.serco.com
Wed Oct 15 10:47:47 EDT 2003

Victor Danilchenko wrote:

>	Hi,
>
>	We have ran into a peculiar problem with RT. When submitting CGI
>forms, certain data get lost -- for example, when resolving a ticket and
>also filling in the 'time worked' field, the said field never gets
>updated.

Does sound a lot like that problem i was having with truncation of the
form post data through mod_perl, although you mention you are using a
mod_perl 1 as well with this problem (maybe this bug has been in
mod_perl 1 in the past?)

Anyway something worth checking that is reasonably symptomatic of this
truncation thing - try submitting a 100k attachment, see if it gets
chopped off at a silly point - for me they were getting killed after
about 4k-8k and that was all RT/mason was receiving from mod_perl.

Mod_perl 1.28 certainly works ok here, although i'm not having another
issue where word documents are getting corrupted (which is annoying
because i tested many times with a 750 tar gz file hoping that would be
a reaosnable binary simulation :P)

Either way let me know what you find out, it might be relevant to this
word corruption i'm about to go up against ;/

Iain