[rt-devel] Spot the difference (attachment corruption)

Iain Price iain.price at post.serco.com
Thu Oct 30 05:48:21 EST 2003

Ok finally got the downtime sorted out last night, threw a few things at
the live server (update to an internal application for logging tickets
to RT) and I made the LANG=C changes (for others, this file is
/etc/sysconfig/i18n) and this so far seems to have fixed attachments :)
I'll get the 'testers' to have a go at it again they've done a
reasonable job so far of finding little odd things hehehe. (damn users!
hehe)

Side note - rh8 *also* has a "utf locale" LANG but does NOT show the
attachment corruption - there must be some libraries or something
different still... :|

So, thanks very much for your solution, worked fine, if this solved all
my 'woes' then the RH9/RT incompatability list boils down to two things
LANG!=C or more precisely whatever this affects in the Perl/Mysql on RH9
(but not on RH8) (note i have my own build of mysql running - same src
on both boxes)
Modperl 2.0 is unsuitable if using the mail gateway (well REST) for more
than about 5-10k mails (i.e. no attachments)

/me ambles off and huddles in a blanket in a small corner of the mailing
list, appearing semi dormant
(i.e. great! I think thats me done poking RT for a bit, think its all
working now, so i'll leave you all in peace... for now :D)

Thanks,
Iain