[rt-devel] debug help: 'group not found'

Ferdinand Hoffmann hoffmanf at junese.de
Thu Sep 18 06:11:53 EDT 2003

 Hi,

has anyone a pointer how to debug/solve the following problem:

we use rt3-3.0.5 combined with mysql-3.23.52 on a SuSE 8.1 box.

I've written an escalator-tool which walks every 5mins thru all
queues and sents warnings to the admincc of the queue. Since warnings
are only generated between a defined range of time I've expanded
the queue-table in the db (in SQL):

ALTER TABLE Queues
  ADD DefaultResponseTime smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  ADD WarnFromHour varchar(5) NOT NULL default '00:00',
  ADD WarnToHour varchar(5) NOT NULL default '00:00',
  ADD WarnBetweenDays smallint(1) NOT NULL default '0';

no problem so far...
additionally I've modified share/html/Admin/Queues/Modify.html
(see the attached patch) and created lib/RT/Queue_Local.pm (also attached).

After applying these both changes i can't add a watcher (cc&admincc)
to a newly created queue, no problem at existing queues...
rt3 returns 'group not found' if I try to add a watcher on a newly created queue.

If i now remove all changes i made the problem persists, seems like the
database got corrupted! (no difference if I reinstall the rt3 files)

Please mail me for any additional infos you need!

And sorry for my bad english!

 kindly regards,
  Ferdinand Hoffmann

just network services gmbh