[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] How to deal with users in multiple timezones

Stefan Seiz TalkLists at index-s.de
Sat Sep 20 13:10:16 EDT 2003

On 20.9.2003 18:55 Uhr, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> [Please don't CC messages to both rt-users and rt-devel. Most folks on
> rt-devel are also on rt-users]

Ok, sorry.

> On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 05:08:06PM +0200, Stefan Seiz wrote:
>>
>> I think there should really be a PER USER timezone preference. That way
>> users could even adjust them wile traveling across timezones etc. (not that
>> they would really do it).
>
> Yeah. That would be nice. It's something I've wanted for a while.
> Patches gratefully accepted, etc.

Ok. It seems Timezone is already in the Schema and some routines are already
in place in Date.pm. I'll try to fight my way throug (as i am no Perl Guru
at all) by looking how Autrijus had implemented the LANG preference. Should
be almost similar.

Of course for an everage user, a Timezone string like CET or such doesn't
mean anything, so we'd have to provide a nice popup with possible values
etc.

--
Stefan Seiz <http://www.stefanseiz.com>
Spamto: <bin at imd.net>