[rt-devel] Bug/oversight in templates and fix

Iain Price iain.price at post.serco.com
Tue Sep 30 10:04:13 EDT 2003

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 03:35:57AM -0400, James Terry wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>Sorry if this has been reported elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find
>>it:
>>
>>The HTML form for templates has an oversight that prevents the submission
>>of templates with long content.  It needs the
>>

>How long is long?

Not that long, a small word document with only text in it will get
chopped (about 10-15k?) i'm testing with a uuencoded tar.bz which is
about 750k of text (checking it wasn't encoding types or binary data
earlier :) ... if we're on the right track with something truncating the
request i guess then anything longer than 4 k... i can do some tests if
you want a better result.

Iain