[rt-devel] Quicksearch bug

Andrew Stribblehill a.d.stribblehill at durham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 04:31:13 EDT 2004

Quoting Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> (2004-04-05 16:45:40 BST):
> >Fine :)

> >>K. That's fixable.
>
> And a bunch of other links on that page were broken too. Can you tell
> me if the attached path makes this better?

Yes, that's great. Thanks.

> >>Really? That's something we _explicitly_ fixed.
> >
> >I attach the page I get back when I go to
> >http://wompom.dur.ac.uk/rt3/index.html?q=81
> >
> >It shows that, for example, Reply =>
> >http://wompom.dur.ac.uk/rt3/Update.html?
> >id=81&QuoteTransaction=1042&Action=Respond
>
> Can you test this again, after wiping the mason cache? On _my_ clean
> 3.0.10 systems, I can't replicate this.

Yes, it was the cache to blame. Stephen built 3.0.10 for Debian, then
after a couple of days' continued 3.0.9 usage, I tried it out. Of
course, since the Mason cache works on timestamp, the cached version
was still newer than the built one.

I think our post-install script will have to do something like:

# find <web-directory> -type f |xargs touch

Hugely ugly but it at least works. It's better than ripping out the
cache directory because we can't tell when the users are going to
re-start the web server.

--
SOLE LUNDY FASTNET
NORTHWEST VEERING NORTH 5 OR 6, OCCASIONALLY 7. SQUALLY SHOWERS.