[Rt-devel] Performance Problem

Tina Schade Tina.Schade at gmx.de
Mon Apr 19 08:44:44 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have an big performace problem. I work with RT 3.0.10, SearchBuilder 0.99
and Postgres 7.3.4.
Every time I logged in RT needs 1 minute minimum to build the page after
login. The part to show my own 10 tickets is ok, but for the part to show the
requested tickets take the longest time. I print out the querys and I notice
that the querys difference is the "=" and the "ILIKE". Here are the queries:

SELECT main.* FROM Tickets main WHERE ((main.EffectiveId = main.id)) AND
((main.Status != 'deleted')) AND ((main.Type = 'ticket')) AND ( (
(main.Status = 'new')OR(main.Status = 'open') ) AND ( (main.Owner = '32') ) )
ORDER BY main.Priority DESC LIMIT 10

and:
SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main , Groups Groups_1, CachedGroupMembers
CachedGroupMembers_2, Users Users_3 WHERE ((CachedGroupMembers_2.MemberId
ILIKE Users_3.id)) AND ((Groups_1.id ILIKE CachedGroupMembers_2.GroupId)) AND
((main.EffectiveId = main.id)) AND ((main.Status != 'deleted')) AND
((main.Type = 'ticket')) AND ((main.id ILIKE Groups_1.Instance)) AND ( (
(main.Status = 'new')OR(main.Status = 'open') ) AND ( ( (Users_3.EmailAddress
ILIKE 'T.Schade at chili-radiology.com')AND(Groups_1.Domain =
'RT::Ticket-Role')AND(Groups_1.Type = 'Requestor') ) ) ) ORDER BY
main.Priority DESC LIMIT 10

I don´t understand, why you compare ids with "ILIKE" and not with "="
(CachedGroupMembers_2.MemberId ILIKE Users_3.id, Groups_1.id ILIKE
CachedGroupMembers_2.GroupId).
Does only I have this problem that it takes such a long time to build a
RT-page? Does I have configure RT in a wrong way that it is so slow?

This fact, that the pagebuilding takes a long time, isn´t only after login, it
is also when I want to show a ticket and the requestor have some other
tickets. Also to show the tickets history.

How can I get a better performace?
I also searched for "ILIKE", but I can´t find it in RT or DBIx::SearchBuilder.
Where does the "ILIKE" be generated?

I would be very happy if someone can help me and say me what I have to change
to get a better output.

Thanks,
Tina