[Rt-devel] Groups from User (Tickets.Creator)

Ralf Hack ralf.hack at pipex.net
Tue Apr 27 17:47:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

    I would like to write my own Limit function to select the displayed
tickets by Userdefined Group.

    My structure is : Group A (an SLA based lot of companies) contains a
set of groups (one company per group). Within each Company-Group we have
one or more Company-contacts (Users). Ultimately, I would like to see
all tickets raised for Company/Group X on behalf of any of it's contacts
(ticket creator).

    Is this at all possible, any pitfalls I should avoid ?

My CLI test so far worked for me, see the following program scrap:

my $a=RT::Group->new(RT::SystemUser);
$a->LoadUserDefinedGroup('A');
my $b=RT::GroupMembers->new(RT::SystemUser);

$b->Limit(
        FIELD=>'GroupId',
        VALUE=>$a->Id,
        OPERATOR=>'=');
my $mems=RT::GroupMembers->new(RT::SystemUser);
$mems->DEBUG(1);

my $u=RT::User->new(RT::SystemUser);

my $n=1;
while (my $t = $b->Next) {
        printf ("[%d] %s : %s\n", $n, $t->GroupId,$t->MemberId);
        $mems->Limit (
                FIELD=>'GroupId',
                VALUE=>$t->MemberId,
                OPERATOR=>'=');