[Rt-devel] Re: rt3.fsck.com has moved or dropping mail?

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Tue Apr 27 18:50:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:37:03PM +0100, Paulo Matos wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> >
> > > FWIW, I've tracked the issue to a taint error in RT 3.1. All mail that
> > > hasn't been delivered has been spooled. I'm working on the bug in the
> > > software, then will redeliver the mail.
> >
> > Read my mails before redelivering... there's one repeated... and one will
> > originating an already existent ticket... :( thougth they were lost... and
> > also kind of messy from this last bug I was fighting off...
>
> *nod* I see that you've gone and fixed bugs for things that aren't an
> issue on 5.8.3. Libraries RT depends on are already known to be badly
> broken on 5.8.0 due to bugs in perl. I'm feeling rather hesitant to
> drop in explicit workarounds there. :/ Thoughts?

Well, IMHO the easier RT can be installed most widely it will be used.
Since 5.8.3 isn't shipped with a lot of distros right now... it will be
nice to have it working... without the *hell* that can be an upgrade of
perl...

Humm... a way of doing things might be to use version specif conditions...
might not be the most elegant... but... it works...

I noticed that Encode::utf8_off() is used on other places... why?

Are perl 5.8.3 with a good UTF8 support? If so, it might be worth trying
to do a perl upgrade...

what do you say?

--
	Paulo Matos