[Rt-devel] Email address verification

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Thu Apr 29 17:44:28 EDT 2004

During the past months, we have discovered an annoying usability
problem.  Users enter invalid email addresses (e.g. separated by " "
or ", " instead of ",", or lacking a domain part).  RT3 doesn't seem
to handle this situation very gracefully.

What are my options to fix this?  Two-stage ticket creation/reply
might help, but how easy is it to implement?  Should I verify the
addresses on the client, using JavaScript?

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, di-ve.com, hotmail.com,