[Rt-devel] DBIx::SearchBuilder::Record::Cachable

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 24 14:47:59 EDT 2004

After some of the recent issues folks have had with
DBIx::SearchBuilder's overly agressive caching, I started doing some
digging. And found myself a reproducible test case which demonstrates
these issues very nicely in the form of the rt.cpan.org RT3 toolset.
The issues basically come down to:

* The cache expiry mechanism doesn't expire data when you want it to
* The cache expiry mechanism works _globally_ rather than per object
type, which starts to hurt when you're trying to enforce different
behaviour on different object types.
* The cache expiry mechanism is hopelessly naive and pretty close to
worst-case.

I got most of the way through a solution on the plane back from
EuroFoo, but ran out of power.  More soon.

Jesse