[Rt-devel] Re: Problem (and workaround) with Handle.pm in DBIx::SearchQuery used by RT

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 14 13:31:17 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 09:57:04AM -0500, Stephen Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if this problem has been resolved? I encountered the same
> issue myself and ran into a correspondence between Jesse and the humble,
> helpful folks at DBD::Oracle which didn't seem to suggest a solution.
>
> I'm unable to create new users through the web interface, I get an
> ORA-12704 on the Users insert. One piece of information that may be useful
> is that I AM able to create users using a command-line perl script that
> calls the RT API.

I don't have a _working_ oracle test instance to do the debugging on
myself, which sort of shut down my attempts to get confirmation of the
bug.  Backing down to 1.15 will fix it for now, but I'd love it if you
could generate standalone tests to isolate the issue.  I wasn't able to
reproduce the issue on Oracle 10g. So, I think it's a 9i interacting
with DBD::Oracle 1.15 interacting with SearchBuilder issue.  It looks
like I'm going to need to build a redhat box to get a copy of Oracle 9i
that won't fail to link :/

	Jesse