[rt-devel] MySQL - Foreign Keys & Ticket Deletion

Ben Allen benjamin at oitsec.umn.edu
Sun Jan 11 16:19:04 EST 2004

Are there any plans to do as suggested in make an update to the MySQL
schema to make use of the support for foreign keys and cascading?

from http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ANSI_diff_Foreign_Keys.html

In MySQL Server 3.23.44 and up, InnoDB tables support checking of
foreign key constraints, including CASCADE, ON DELETE, and ON UPDATE.
See section 7.5.5.2 FOREIGN KEY Constraints.

In our previous installation (2.0.?? / PgSql / FreeBSD), we culled
deleted tickets from the database nightly via cron.  I'm trying to see
if there's a clean way to do the same on our new install (3.0.8 / MySQL
/ FreeBSD).

Just Curious.

Thanks.

Ben
Benjamin Allen                                 benjamin at oitsec.umn.edu
U of MN - OIT                                             612-625-7885

      I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several
         days attack me at once.  -- Ashleigh Brilliant