[rt-devel] User.pm vs Users.pm

William George william.george at vonage.com
Tue Jan 27 10:23:54 EST 2004

In reference to "Users" vs "User", "TIckets" vs "Ticket" .pm modules, Tina asks:

> But why do you seperate between singular and plural?

Took me a while to get this but here's my take:

The singulars are direct maps to the Database tables and are primarily used to interface to DBIx::SearchBuilder; they correspond to record definitions. The plurally named modules deal with collections and groups of records

I suppose that a table is a collection of records, therefore the plurality.

Between that and the capitalization means I never can correctly type the table name the first time.

Bill George
RT Mission Control
Vonage.com