[rt-devel] Custom field descriptions in Create.html - Solution

Matt Hanley MHanley at cxtec.com
Thu Jan 29 14:28:03 EST 2004

I originally asked this:

> I'd like to be able to have the descriptions for values of
> custom fields available when creating a new ticket.

I hadn't heard anything, but figured it out and am posting
for those interested.

Modified 'Ticket/Elements/EditCustomField' from this:

   <option value="<%$value->Name%>"

to this:

    <option onMouseover="window.status='<% $value->Description%>';
     return true" onMouseout="window.status=' '; return true"
value="<%$value->Name%>"

So now whatever option is selected the status bar displays the option's
description.  I
wanted to have it listed with the option itself, in italics, but I don't
believe that's possible.

-matt

Matthew Hanley
mhanley at cxtec.com