[Rt-devel] XUL interfaces

David Kempe dave at solutionsfirst.com.au
Wed May 26 03:34:46 EDT 2004

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone is working on or has thought about an XUL
interface to RT?
If not, i am happy to start working on one - if anyone wants to help out
or thinks its a bad idea, let me know.
I reckon it would be useful to have RT spit out XUL ultimately.
That would make it extremely useful in XUL aware browsers (like mozilla).
Of course IE users might have to live with the old web interface, but hey.

The plan I guess is to have a XUL interface that queries RT for queues,
users, tickets etc and displays it in a meaningful GUI layout, all XUL
like. Its basically and easy way to have a GUI on RT, allowing you to do
cooler GUI like interactions, without having to change what RT does.
Its a fair bit of work I spose - let me know if anyone has any comments :)

dave