[Rt-devel] RT3 Speed - Tickets display

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 25 11:10:48 EST 2004

>> Importing into 3.2? The changes from 3.0 to 3.2 were an in-database
> SQL
>> transform. Just like 3.2 to 3.3.  There's no set date for 3.4.0 That's
>> entirely dependent on public response to the betas. But we've spent a
>> fair amount of time on performance for this next release. We're seeing
>> pages render in .5s that used to take 4-5s on the same hardware and
>> database.
>
> Cool, if there is increases like that in the works, then I'm not
> majorly
> concerned about this. Only a very very small % of our tickets have more
> than 10-20 Transactions, so its not a huge issue.
>
>> Anyway, your profiling numbers looked..high. Can you get us database
>> query logs and performance numbers from your database? For your 100
> txn
>> ticket, how much text is there? how many attachments?
>
> I hope this is what you are after?
>
> select count(*) from transactions where ticket=879444
>   COUNT(*)
> ----------
>        103
> 1 row selected
>

> select count(*)
> from transactions t, attachments a
> where t.id = a.transactionid
> and ticket=879444
>   COUNT(*)
>        250
> 1 row selected

That's a lotta attachments. And based on the queries you sent, it looks
like the RT cache for transactions and attachments at the searchbuilder
level is getting invalidated due to it taking too long to display and
exacerbating the issue.  I am somewhat surprised that you're doing so
many object loads on the page. And the query listing doesn't really
explain why...