[Rt-devel] Redundant Postgres indexes

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Oct 6 12:51:33 EDT 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 11:48 AM, Andrew Snare wrote:

> I'm in the middle of migrating from RT 3.0.10 to 3.2.2 as well as from
> postgres 7.3 to 7.4. While doing this, I noticed that there appear to
> be

See the list archives for my alternate set of indexes, which I came to
by profiling the queries RT actually does.  There are some indexes for
which I see no evidence of ever being used.

Also you can use Pg's own stat collector to see how often the various
indexes get used.  That's my next step to see if I need to remove more
indexes or adjust some.