[Rt-devel] RT CSS Overhaul (ATTENTION W3M AND IE USERS)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 7 04:15:50 EDT 2004

A couple days ago, Oliver Thomas at MIT sent me a couple of patches to
RT 3.3's menuing system to move the CSS styles out of the html and into
a style sheet where they belonged. This got me poking at RT's layout
engine again. I've spent the past 12 hours overhauling RT 3.3's layout
engine to be almost completely driven by cascading stylesheets, instead
of the table-based box model we used to use.

I've set up rt3.fsck.com (login as guest with a password of guest) as a
demo of the new CSS layout.  It's not 100% done yet, but at this point,
I think it may be at least as good as the old layout.

I'd like to hear back from folks who aren't using Gecko or kHTML based
browsers about the usability of the new layout, compared to the old
layout.

Jesse