[Rt-devel] _ACLCache Clearing

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 28 21:27:09 EDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 10:55:57AM +1000, Matthew Watson wrote:
> Ok, Back onto this,
>
> Does it seem unreasonable that the ACL_KEY_CACHE should follow
> the user to whatever apache process they are using? Or am I totally
> missing something here.

Sadly, mod_perl doesn't magically work like that. One option is to
switch to using a shared-memory cache. (And to use the new caching that
searchbuilder uses.)

> As a bit of a play around, I've have saved the key cache into the
> session at the end of the page, and then reloaded it back into
> %ACL_KEY_CACHE at the start of the page, this /SEEMS/ to work, but I
> wouldn't be surprised if there is something fundamental that I'm missing
> here?

As long as you're careful about expiry, that should be doable. But it
means sessions start taking longer to load and save, which is
dangerous...