[Rt-devel] Should message subjects always be converted to UTF-8?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Sep 3 04:12:20 EDT 2004

Still looking in the attachments SQL table, I notice several subjects
looking like this:

  =?ISO-8859-1?B?W3J0LWRldi51aW8ubm8gIzE3XSBGb3Ig5SBibGkgb3BwcmV0dGV0IHNv?= =?ISO-8859-1?B?bSBicnVrZXI=?=

Why aren't these subjects converted from ISO-8859-1 MIME encoding to
UTF-8 when storing them in the database?

The subject without this MIME wrapping are stored in UTF-8, so I
surprised me that these ugly subject strings were not converted.