[Rt-devel] using standalone httpd to debug RT slowness

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Sep 7 11:19:40 EDT 2004

I'm trying to track down the cause of the slowness of RT with Postgres
(from what I see so far, the indexes are not really being used due to
how searchbuilder makes the queries).  To do this, I'm trying to set up
a simple RT config on a crash test box with the standalone httpd.
However when I run it I get this:

[crash]% perl standalone_httpd
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ge (>=) at
/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 27.
[Tue Sep  7 13:51:47 2004] [crit]: Undefined subroutine
&RT::Interface::Web::NewCGIHandler called at standalone_httpd line 15.
  (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:257)

There is a noticeable pause between the two lines.  The curious part is
that NewCGIHandler *is* defined in RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm which
was obviously just loaded.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806