[rt-devel] Draft patch to add references and in-reply-to parsing

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 13 15:27:27 EDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 3:21 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
>> Based on this initial try, and some clues from the thread discussing
>> messageid parsing in RT::Attachment, I ended up with the following
>> patch to get what I wanted.  This patch is tested and found to work
>> fine.
>>
>> If the patch is acceptable, please include it in a future version of
>> RT.  If it isn't acceptable, please let me know what is wrong with it.
>
> Anything wrong with this patch?
>
> I'm still not sure how to find out when a patch is accepted or not.
> Which branch of subversion should I keep an eye on?  Will someone
> respond to my message letting me know the patch was accepted or
> rejected?  Should I submit the patch into the bug tracking system?

The intent is clearly pretty cool, but I haven't had a chance to look,
honestly.  At this point, I'd expect it to go into 3.3 or 3.5.

To submit a patch for inclusion, you should send it to
rt-bugs at lists.bestpractical.com. When I get a chance, I do try to
review patches on rt-devel, but well, these customers keep my nose to
the grindstone.

We're much more likely to look at patches that come with set of new
tests to add to the test suite to "prove" the functionality.