[Rt-devel] 3.3 test coverage

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Sat Sep 18 13:31:55 EDT 2004

At 08:08 AM 9/18/2004, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

>[Jesse Vincent]
> > I spent a bit of time playing with Devel::Cover and RT's "make
> > regression" test suite today. A summary of the results are here:
> >
> >       http://bestpractical.com/~jesse/rt33coverage/coverage.html
>
>This was really beautiful. :) I should do similar for my own projects.
>
>Are the rules to generate this in the subversion source?  I would love
>to see how this is done.

It's done with Devel::Cover. There is a great article at perl.com that
reviews test coverage, POD coverage and testing in general.
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/05/07/testing.html

Also, if you used Module::Build, you can now just run `./build cover`. That
action was added in the current development series of releases.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"