[Rt-devel] Rt-devel] RT-FM-2.1.22 and session problems

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Fri Aug 12 09:22:59 EDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:00:03 -0400 (EDT)
JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl wrote:

> I have been testing RT-FM-2.1.22/RT-3.4.2 on Oracle9i  and have been
> having problems with keeping logged in.
> Following scenario:
> Logout of RT in my brower (tested Firefox/Mozilla/IE)
> Delete RT cookie
> Close browser
> Stop apache
> Clean out session_data directory
> Clean out var/log/rt.log
> Clean out mason_data/obj/*
> Start apache
> Start browser
> Login on RT, homepage loads
> (all is OK)
> Click on a ticket --> it will display
> Logout of RT using the logout link at the right hand top.
> Login back in using the same user. The homepage will load.
> Click on a tickt --> Login screen will appear.
> Click on a link from the left hand side of the screen --> Login will
> appear etc, etc.
> Logging out and deleting the cookie will fix this endless cycle.
>
> Problem seems to be that the file that appears in var/session_data is
> not filled after it is created, size is 110 bytes and doesn't increase.
> Did DID work before RT-FM 2.1.xx was installed.
> Installed RT-RM-2.1.22 on a second RT installatie with the same effect.
> All RT/RT-FM depencies are correct.

Couldn't stand why this wasn't working so I spend a couple of days
tracking this and found finally what the problem was.
The problem starts as soon as RT-FM-2.1.xx is installed. So it must be
something in RT-FM. It took a while since I have a perl-5.8.6 test
installation which doesn't have this but beginning from ground up using
perl-5.8.7, RT3.4.3 and RT-FM-2.1.34 I still had this.
So I thought it must be in the Callbacks into RTFM. I renamed all
directories and problem went away. I suspected one of the elements which
almost always and are included when logging in so I disabled
elements/header/head and that did the trick.
Problem is, only thing it does is include webrtfm.css which has all
commands commented out. Why this works I don't know, maybe its the
reference to /NoAuth/.. which somehow breaks sessionhandling.

Hope this helps some else having problems,

Joop

--
Joop van de Wege <JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl>