[Rt-devel] Queue_Overlay::ValidateName in 3.2.2 vs 3.4.4

Jens Porup Jens.Porup at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Dec 1 01:11:12 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 01:01:17AM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:41:23PM +1100, Jens Porup wrote:
> >
> > I've just upgraded my customized RT 3.2.2 to 3.4.4, and
> > there's some sort of conflict with RT::Queue_Overlay::ValidateName.
> >
> > After comparing the 3.2.2 version and the 3.4.4 version, it looks
> > like Queue_Overlay.pm is pretty much the same, with the following
> > change in sub ValidateName:
>
> Are you maybe somewhere calling ValidateName in Class context rather
> than object context?

Hi Jesse,

Yes. I am creating Queues on the fly, and checking that they haven't
already been created before doing so. Like this:

	if (RT::Queue->ValidateName("ws-$id"))
	{
		#ValidateName says that's an OK name for a queue, which means it
		doesn't yet exist
		$new_queue_already_exists = 0;
	}

What I'm doing is creating Queues named 'ws-$id' where $id is the TicketId
in a "master" queue. The ticket in the 'master' queue allows the user
to create the 'secondary' queue if desired.

Jens