[Rt-devel] Problem with "Steal" ticket in RT 3.4.0

Mike Clewley mike at nepotia.org
Thu Feb 10 10:39:05 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 22:15 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 09:26:52PM -0500, mike at nepotia.org wrote:
> >
> > I then (*not using the RT API), ripped a bunch of existing "Project like"
> > data into RT. Everything so far has worked like a charm.
>
> How did you "rip" this data into RT? Not using RT's API is going to hurt
> you pretty badly, especially if you don't get the role groups exactly
> right.

Err. Role groups? I don't think I touched role groups.

I imported the data with a perl script that gathers and massages my
would-be RT data, builds data structures to reflect the
Ticket/Transaction/Attachment/Customfield/Object model and database
scheme in RT, and pumps the data structures into RT via DBIx::Abstract.

I associated Tickets and Transactions with RT users by finding the Users
id from RT3.Users based on existing user associations in the original
projects database (for projects, and transaction items). Putting the
Tickets into the appropriate Queues involved building a hash that
allowed me to switch QueueID based on the user association for each
Ticket/Transactional item during my row loops.

I'm sure it would behoove me to use the RT API. Apparently I'm one of
those "the hard-way" first type of people. I have every intention of
learning the RT API, again, it seemed faster/easier (until this) to
do the 'backend' work myself.

I feel like I'm *very close, but missed the role/groups part during
Ticket creation.

Would you care to see the script? I'll send it to you, or the list
whatever you prefer. In the meantime, I'll look into role groups.

Thanks,

-mike