[Rt-devel] rtir-1.1.5 compilation problem

Phil Rodrigues phil.rodrigues at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 17 13:06:02 EST 2005

I have a clean install of RT 3.4.1, with all of my old data from RT
3.2.2, and RT itself works fine.  However, when trying to install RTIR
1.1.5 I am getting a Makefile.PL error very similar to the issue in this
thread:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2005-February/006798.html

Here is my error message:

    # tar -zxvf rtir-1.1.5.tar.gz
    # cd rtir-1.1.5
    # perl Makefile.PL
    Using RT configurations from /usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:
    ./etc   => /usr/local/rt3/local/etc/IR
    ./html  => /usr/local/rt3/share/html
    ./lib   => /usr/local/rt3/local/lib
    For first-time installation, type 'make initdb'.
    The 'description' method does not exist in the 'inc' path!
    Please remove the 'inc' directory and run Makefile.PL again to load it.

I have installed the latest cpan module Module::Install.

Thanks,

Phil