[Rt-devel] RT 3.4 / Postgres / Search UI performance

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 13 23:53:10 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:45:02PM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:38:14PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > It's attached to this message. If folks see a speed boost without
> > errors, it'll make it into 3.4.0. But this means taht I need sites
> > running postgres (and other databases) to test it out. It's likey that
> > the issue in question only manifests with a large number of queues.
>
> I will make sure we get this tested, but it'll take a few days.

*nod* I spent some time before dinner prodding at things and it seemed
like 90% of the time was being spent in the selectowner widget. It was
doing this loop:

For each queue:
	Find each group that can own tickets in that queue.
	For each group:
		find its members.

That's what we get for using a nice generalized layered API.

The new call builds a single query that say:

Find all the people who are members of groups that can own tickets an any queue.

It's a bit hacky as yet, but hopefully it should work right.