[Rt-devel] How to "clean" a DB of RTIR data

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Wed Jan 26 11:55:21 EST 2005

I need to know if it is possible to completely cleanup a database of any
rtir data. Why is this?

In the process of trying out rtir, I tested on two machines. On the test
machine, I have no problem. I can wipe out the database and recreate
everything from scratch. My tests on the "staging" box failed, and in
an attempt to reproduce the results, I also tested on a production box,
after I made a backup of the database and RT_BASE.

However the production system DB continued to receive RT mail, so if
I try to restore the database, I will loose a couple tickets in RT.
That is simply unacceptable.

That is why I would like to know if I could clean the DB of all RTIR
data, then do a completely "new" RTIR installation, not an upgrade.
I have tested rtir-1.1.4 on my staging box and it did install cleanly,
as opposed to the previous 1.1.3 version.

Is it possible to do this? It is possible to "reverse" what `make
initdb` does during rtir installation?

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington            		. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash _at_ wananchi _ dot _ com		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121			. (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |