[Rt-devel] Test framework

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 5 01:36:01 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:26:25PM +0200, Jrme Fenal wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> One of my users also may have found a bug in ACLs handling
> (ModifyTicket right when changing queue), but I need to investigate
> further, and to write tests (and data) in the test suite to test
> against it. I'll try to provide patches as well. When I get time to
> understand the POD embedded test framework.
> So a question about that: should I add my very own queues and users,
> or use existing ones in the test suite ?

If you're adding test to existing testfiles, feel free to use a given
testfile's created users, groups, queues, etc. While we aren't great
about not reusing things across testfiles in existing code, we're trying
to improve things in new code.  Generally, we're finding that it's
easier to create a new lib/t/regression/something.t file than to add to
the inline tests. As we get time, I expect that we'll move all the
current inline tests into separate testfiles.

Best,
Jesse