[Rt-devel] special characters in queue names

Stephan Uhlmann su at inubit.com
Thu Jul 28 09:01:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have some queues which names contain special characters like + (plus) and &
(ampersand).

The problem is that when I click on the queue in the Quick Search box on the
right, no tickets are shown, although there are open ones in it.

The reason is that the special characters mess the URL because e.g. in
Results.html?Query=Queue%20=%20'X&Y'
the & is interpreted by HTTP GET as the parameter delimiter.

Is it possible to change the RT code (preferably by overlay mechanism) in some
way to display such special characters in links in URL encoding, e.g %26 (&)
or %2B (+)? When I manually replace the characters in the URLs it works.

I think I didn't have the problem in RT 3.0.10 which I recently upgraded to my
current 3.4.2 version, but I can't say for sure.

Stephan