[Rt-devel] Proposed Contrib: External (LDAP) user info attr mapping

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Wed Nov 30 13:00:07 EST 2005

Hello!

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 21:35, Jim Meyer wrote:
> p.p.s. A minor digression: if I were implementing directly in RT rather
> than as a contrib, I'd extend the Users table with ExternalObjectId and
> LastExternalUpdate columns, both of which would only be seen on the
> /Admin/Users/Modify page. I'd also add an EmailAddresses table with id,
> ObjectId (users or groups, right?), EmailAddress, and Preferred
> (boolean) columns.

Or maybe "ExternalContactInfoId" and "ExternalAuthInfoId". And perhaps
I'd add columns to track what system is used to get that info, something
like "ContactInfoSystem" and "AuthSystem". Yeah, that sounds smart!

I should have dug just a touch deeper. Color me mortified. =\

However, now that I'm digging, these don't seem to be used in RT code,
nor are they mentioned on the wiki. Googling through the mail archives
finds only three-year-old unanswered questions. Is there code somewhere
(in RTFM or RTIR?) which shows their preferred use, or just there for
use by folks who know about them in ways they divine or devise?

Thanks!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org