[Rt-devel] Storing CustomField data in Db

Russell Dumornay rdumornay at anim.dreamworks.com
Fri Oct 14 17:56:16 EDT 2005

I am trying to create a component similar to EditCustomFieldFreeform.  This component allows the users to enter data as a text on the UI but gets stored as a type Select, not Freeform, in the Db.  Does anyone have an idea what method in the library stores type in the Db?  So far I see methods in Record.pm, CustomField.pm, and CustomField_Overlay.pm.  My guess is to add a method in CustomField_Local.pm to do this and place it in a local dir but decided to throw this out to the list first.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.