[Rt-devel] RT 3.5.5 browser support

Peter Popovics pop at eik.bme.hu
Thu Sep 22 09:41:31 EDT 2005

We are in the progress of reimplementing rt, and I'm hesitating about moving
to 3.5, before we train users. However, we still need some localization and
tuning - the same we did with 3.4.3.

Currently I have problems displaying most of RT screens under IE6. The boxes
are ugly, calendar link doesn't work, title texts are running on the top of
box headers... etc, etc.

I've seen some hacking with stylesheets in order to support IE5 - but it's
not clear for me what the current status of them is. I couldn't figure out
yet, what's wrong with the calendar link.

Please let me know if it's a minor bug in 3.5.5 (I mean it was working
before), or there is a plan to solve this issue. I this is the case, some
directions would be nice to start the bug tracing...

(btw, on another portal system with fancy layout we didn't manage to avoid
browser specific stylesheets - we ended up by specialized css for IE and
Mozilla like browsers... Maybe we have to do this here as well?)

Thanks,

P.Peter