[Rt-devel] PATCH: User AutoCreation in RT (NEW, UNTESTED)

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Fri Apr 7 23:08:02 EDT 2006

Hello!

Here's a revised patch to RT::User_Overlay.pm which implements
LoadOrCreate() which honors $RT::AutoCreateUserInfo as a hashref which
provides defaults for any user attributes not explicitly provided by
the caller. It also adds LoadOrCreateByName() and refactors
LoadOrCreateByEmail(), making them both thin wrappers to
LoadOrCreate(). I've caught a few bugs since the last one, but it
seems to be shaping up well.

Also attached are patches for RT::Interface::Email.pm,
RT::Queue_Overlay.pm, and share/html/autohandler with mostly trivial
refactoring to have them use RT::User::LoadOrCreate() and not override
priority.

I'm going to test these through next Wednesday (assuming our
daughter's impending birth doesn't happen between now and then =) at
which point I'm going to roll them out to production and stop paying
attention to them.

Now to finish the actual autocreation-at-login bits. =]

Cheers!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org