[Rt-devel] RT::Record::LoadByCols weirdness (bug?)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Apr 25 14:31:51 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:39:03PM -0400, Dmitri Tikhonov wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 12:32 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > That strongly suggests that you want a collection, not a record.
>
> Possible :-).  It's only been several days that I'm playing with RT.
> However, that does not mean that RT::Record interface is not broken.
>
> > Can you explain what you're doing in more detail?
>
> I added a column into one of the tables.  When getting a record, I want
> search, but that gives me incorrect semantics -- since I am using 'id' I
> *know* there's only one record (or none).

Those semantics aren't the way any of the other code works. It's not
Wrong, just different and unexpected. You're trying to bend the API in a
way it's not previously been flexed.  (That also lets you walk around
acls in a way that might not be immediately obvious. you can use it to
probe records....)