[Rt-devel] /usr/bin/rt and WebExternalAuth and GSSAPI]

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Fri Feb 10 15:04:01 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 13:25 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I'd very much love to see these patches.

Turns out it is too simple for a patch.

Just add the following to '/usr/bin/rt':

use LWP::Authen::Negotiate;

It is a plugin to LWP and the LWP::UserAgent will use it automatically
as needed.

I have tested it and it works well. All the normal single sign on
goodness and convenience.

I just have one line in my ~/.rtrc
$ cat .rtrc
server <My-RT-URL>

$ rt ls  "Subject like 'tax'"
21: Get 2005 taxes done

My Apache server is using mod_auth_kerb to authenticate access to RT.

I believe that LWP::Authen::Negotiate will be uploaded to CPAN within
the next two days. It has one other dependency.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs