[Rt-devel] duplicating a scrip in code

Jens Porup Jens.Porup at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Jan 5 20:48:38 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:32:31AM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:
> I understand want you want but it's just not the right way
> and will probably not work. Adding links during ticket creation
> is not documented, but it's not hard. Just pass an option
> with the link type and the id of the ticket you are linking
> to. For example:
>
>    $ticket->Create(
>         Queue => 5,
>       Subject => 'test',
>        Parent => 234,
>     DependsOn => [ 189, 190 ]

Ok.... Thanks! This helps.

But what about getter and setter methods, though, after ticket
creation? Like:

        $Ticket->SetParent('123');
        $Ticket->SetChildren('234');

This is because after I set the Parent value for the child ticket,
I now have to set the Children value for the parent ticket, but
there doesn't seem to be a subroutine in the Ticket*.pm modules
to do that.

Another tack:

Where is the code that takes a create ticket template and sets
up all the reciprocal relationships? Is there really no way
for me to plugin to that code, and have it set up all this
stuff for me?

Thanks,

Jens