[Rt-devel] Re: Multi-instance patch

Oliver Hookins oliver.hookins at anchor.com.au
Thu Jan 5 20:50:23 EST 2006

Bob Goldstein wrote:
>>And my RT.pm for each instance has
>>$VERSION = '3.4.2';
>>$CORE_CONFIG_FILE = "/var/rt3_panic/etc/RT_Config.pm";
>>$SITE_CONFIG_FILE = "/var/rt3_panic/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm";
>>

>>$BasePath = '/var/rt3';
>>

>>So the default RT path is /var/rt3, and /var/rt3_panic is one of my
>>instances.
>

>    That already seems different than what I have.  I have only
>    one version of RT.pm, not one per instance.  That's the whole
>    point of RT_INSTANCE_PATH, for RT.pm to essentially
>    reconfigure itself, on the fly, per instance invoked.
>
>    So in my case, I have:
>
> $SITE_CONFIG_FILE = "/usr/local/rt/3.4.2/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm";
> $BasePath = '/usr/local/rt/3.4.2';
>
> Because I did a normal install into /usr/local/rt/3.4.2/
>
> Then later, this loop will munge the value of $SITE_CONFIG_FILE:
>     if ($RT_INSTANCE_PATH) {
>         foreach my $vref (@variables) {
>             $$vref =~ s/^\Q$BasePath\E/$RT_INSTANCE_PATH/;
>         }
>     }
>
> so that by the time it is used, $SITE_CONFIG_FILE
> will have the value "/some/instance/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm";

Sorry for the delay, have been busy with work and holidays.

What you wrote above makes sense... so it will only match the regex if
$SITE_CONFIG_FILE starts with the value of $BasePath? I'll give that a try.

Basically the build process I followed was:
* Download sarge source package for RT 3.4 (which is actually 3.4.1)
* Rework the patch from the wiki to apply cleanly to the debian source
package
* Insert the patch as a dpatch to the package
* Rebuild the package with dpkg-buildpackage

So my installation should be identical to the standard debian
installation from the package, but with the multi-user stuff applied.

--
Regards,
Oliver Hookins