[Rt-devel] duplicating a scrip in code

Jens Porup Jens.Porup at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Jan 5 23:27:17 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:10:44PM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 12:48:38PM +1100, Jens Porup wrote:
> > But what about getter and setter methods, though, after ticket
> > creation? Like:
> >
> >         $Ticket->SetParent('123');
> >         $Ticket->SetChildren('234');
>
> See Ticket::AddLink
>

> > This is because after I set the Parent value for the child ticket,
> > I now have to set the Children value for the parent ticket, but
> > there doesn't seem to be a subroutine in the Ticket*.pm modules
> > to do that.
>
> No you don't. By definition link are bi-directional.

After further testing, it looks like

        $TicketObj->Create(
                            Queue => "Inventory",
                            Owner => $creator,
                            Parent => $id, #parent bit fails
                        );

does not work.

No Parent link is being created, nor reciprocal Children links created.

Hence my question about creating links.

> > Another tack:
> >
> > Where is the code that takes a create ticket template and sets
> > up all the reciprocal relationships? Is there really no way
> > for me to plugin to that code, and have it set up all this
> > stuff for me?
>
> Good luck on doing it the hard way.

I'm trying to do it the *obvious* way. That the RT API does not provide
an interface for me to do it the obvious way is a reflection on the code base,
not on me.

If done properly, what I'm asking how to do should be one line of code:

	$Ticket->RunScrip()

with a possible optional parameter of an associated template.

Jens