[Rt-devel] [script] Automatic removal of bounce-generating addresses from ticket

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Jan 13 12:52:01 EST 2006

[Ruslan Zakirov]
> You didn't configure your RT, see $RTAddressRegexp in config. I
> don't remember if with this option RT addresses wouldbe in Cc,
> AdminCc...  lists, but I'm sure that notify scrip would skip them.

I see your point, but we have a rather complex setup so keeping the
regex in sync with all the mail addresses being forwarded into RT seem
like the wrong solution to me.  The people creating the queues using
the web interface are not the people capable of (with access to)
editing the config file.  And the problematic addresses are typically
foo at somewhere.uio.no, while the RT instance (and addresses for new RT
queues) have the form bar at rt.uio.no.  The regex would be a nice
solution if we didn't migrate from existing mailing lists and had a
simpler setup, but do not quite work for us.

Any idea why the group operations in the script is so slow?