Subject: [Rt-devel] priority escalation details

Joseph Micciche Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com
Wed Jan 18 08:39:51 EST 2006

> Priority escalation doesn't work the way my users and I expect.  It
> would seem more natural for the priority to change gradually over time
> in proportion to the amount of time passed.  While the current algorithm
> is fine for tickets with fast turn-around, it is useless for long-term
> tickets, such as would be used to track software development or other
> project management tasks.  The current algorithm unnecessarily limits
> RT, whereas linear priority escalation would work fine for many
> different applications.

> What changes to RT would be needed to allow time-linear priority
> escalation?  Another ticket property (escalation_days_per_point or
> something) that would be implicitly updated whenever the due date or
> final priority is changed?

Kevin, are you using rt-escalate?

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Contributions

Scroll down to External Utils.

We use this for tickets due anywhere from 5 business days to 90+ business
days out. Default start priority at 11 and end at 99. This *appears* to be
what you're asking for, if I understand your problem correctly.

joe