[Rt-devel] Re: [script] Automatic removal of bounce-generating addresses from ticket

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Jan 20 06:30:13 EST 2006

[Jessie Vincent]
> I wonder if there's something weird with a watcher with that
> username and a blank email address.

Not that I can see.  But I have isolated the problem to LoadByEmail()
failing.

This code do not give the expected result:

  my $address = "root\@ulrik.uio.no";

  $user->LoadByEmail( $address );
  print "UI: '". $user->Id . "'\n";
  print "UN: '". $user->Name . "'\n";
  print "UE: '". $user->EmailAddress . "'\n";

  $user->Load( $address );
  print "UI: '". $user->Id . "'\n";
  print "UN: '". $user->Name . "'\n";
  print "UE: '". $user->EmailAddress . "'\n";

I get this output, notice how LoadByEmail() fail even thought the
EmailAddress of the user exist and is set to 'root at ulrik.uio.no'.

  UI: ''
  UN: ''
  UE: ''
  UI: '724'
  UN: 'root at ulrik.uio.no'
  UE: 'root at ulrik.uio.no'

Any idea why this could fail?

Ruslan mentioned in private mail that Owners are watchers.  The user
in question is not an owner of the problematic ticket, but how do I
configure RT to let Owners behave as AdminCC watchers?  I thought
owners were not watchers, as in our installation they do not get any
of the correspondance nor comments.