[Rt-devel] Feature request: specialized mutators for creating Links

Drew Taylor DTaylor at cidc.com
Thu Jul 20 18:46:16 EDT 2006

I've been doing serious workflow (fun, once you've added enough
debugging code) and have a feature request: I'd like an easy way to add
a dependency link (DependsOn/DependedOnBy) for a ticket. AFAIK, you have
to call

  $ticket->AddLink(Type=>"DependsOn", Target=>$approval_ticket->URI);

to add a dependency. Don't get me started on how long it took to figure
out where URI() was located. :-) What I'd really like is something like:

  $ticket->AddDependsOnLink($other_ticket_obj);
  $ticket->RemoveDependsOnLink($other_ticket_obj);

Yes, this is syntatic sugar but do I really need to know how to generate
a Ticket's URI? We have lots of other wrappers, but none for simple
linking. If there is interest, I'd be happy to put together a patch.

Thanks,
Drew