[Rt-devel] Email Encryption

Joshua Colson jcolson at realm.ination.cc
Tue Jun 13 11:21:44 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 08:50 -0400, Mark Wiater wrote:
> Are any others interested in such a capability? (trying to gauge
> interest) If so,,which is preferred, PGP/GPG or S/MIME?

I'm very interested in such a feature. I plan on implementing it myself
if I ever get the time. Unfortunately, time is in short supply.

I think that it would need to support both PGP and S/MIME as not all
MUAs support a single spec. It seems as though it wouldn't be terribly
difficult to extend RT to do this. My idea was just to have a user
custom field that would hold a public key for each user. And a
configuration option that would reference the private key for RT.

--
Joshua Colson <jcolson at realm.ination.cc>