[Rt-devel] ActiveStatus and InactiveActiveStatus

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Wed Mar 29 11:13:59 EST 2006

Hello!

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 21:56 -0500, Phil Smith III wrote:
> Yeah, I'm sounding like an amateur here -- I do know better.
> This is 3.4.4.  Sounds like it's time to upgrade!

Very much so. We've found 3.5.5 to be pretty stable for our purposes,
and a *huge* usability improvement. Huge. Enormous. Indescribably large.

Also, I think the schema changes from 3.4.x -> 3.5.x were additive -- I
don't think a 3.4.x instance would notice the difference. BEFORE YOU
BELIEVE THAT, you should see if anyone contradicts me here and/or go
read the sql code that's used to do the upgrade.

> I mean both the "10 highest priority" list and if I click through on a
> queue name in the "Quick Search" list at the right.

3.5.x settles your list issue; IIRC, you'll have to hack the Quicksearch
component in ${RTHOME}/local/html/Elements/Quicksearch (after copying it
there from .../share/html/..., of course =).

Cheers!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org