[Rt-devel] Survey for RT 3.4 / Rights to change Custom Fields

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Thu May 11 20:02:42 EDT 2006

I've cleaned out some things in the Survey-code found here: http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=3317,
now there's one finally one problem left I cannot resolve (RT 3.4.1 on sarge):

When I submit the survey as "not logged on", it tells me "Could not add new custom field value. Permission Denied"
In the log I have one "[err]: Couldn't load  from the users database."
What fails is ProcessTicketCustomFieldUpdates(ARGSRef => \%ARGS) with the above error;
Shouldn't it be irrelevant which rights are given when the Ticket is loaded with $RT::SystemUser ?
I gave any right I could imagine (test-box) to Everyone "SeeQueue, ModifyCustomField, SeeCustomFields, even SuperUser), still the same..

Survey.html uses $RT::SystemUser to load the ticket, displays it fine and I can also add comment.
But changing custom fields doesn't work for some reason, maybe there's someone around to give me a hint..
Or is it maybe broken, i.e. somehow impossible to change custom fields with the ModifyCustomField right ?

Michael