[Rt-devel] RT 3.6.0rc2

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Mon May 15 13:43:44 EDT 2006

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 09:49:01PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the second release candidate of RT 3.6.0. (The
> astute among you may well note that I never sent mail about RC1. We caught
> a couple of showstoppers before I managed to get the email written).

<snip>

> r13782 (orig r5219):  jesse | 2006-05-14 21:31:10 -0400
>
>  r13779 at hualien:  jesse | 2006-05-14 21:04:13 -0400
>   By popular demand, adding a ticket link doesn't check ACLs on the second ticket

Jesse,

I get the impression that some people think checking ACLs on the
second ticket is a new behavior. It isn't. That's the way things
have been for a long time. A security change like this is
dangerous. It should be a config file option, not a change in the
default security policy.

What has changed is the creation of the transaction in the
second ticket. If there are problems associated with that
then a different soltion should be found.

-Todd